Can't talk...must cook...

So it's not quite time for another weekly challenge, but I've been cooking all week, and taking pictures, and I need to share them with someone!


For St. Patrick's day, I took some advice from a coworker of mine, and made cake balls.  I could go into detail about how it's done, but I'll just let you check out Bakerella's Blog.  This dessert is really her domain.  These are so amazingly delicious...and so easy to make.  You should go buy a cake mix right now and make them.  I'm not kidding...go now!!!


Later that week, I decided to revist a household favorite: pasta bake.  Now we never really follow an exact recipe for this...it's basically noodles, meat, sauce, and cheese all thrown into a baking dish and baked to bring it all together.  And normally, we pre-cook the noodles, but this time I wanted to see if we could make it work with using raw noodles.

I had Peanut put some frozen chicken breasts on the stove to boil so they'd be ready when I got home.  Chop those up, and throw them in your pan.  Then a box of fun noodles (I used multi-colored noodles because I was using a white sauce and didn't want the final dish to resemble soupy mashed potatoes).  Also, throw some cheese in there.

Now pour a bottle of pasta sauce over your creation, and add enough hot water so that the noodles are just covered...and mix it all up with a fork!  I decided we needed more cheese, too...so on with the mozarella and parmesean!


Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees, or until the pasta comes out tender.  Let it cool for about 5 minutes; that will let the sauce get thick and cheesy.  Let me just say...IT'S SO GOOD!  I was so happy with how the pasta came out so perfectly.  And if we had used canned chicken, there would have only been one dish to clean up.  The great thing about this recipe is that you get to pick your sauce, your meat, and your pasta (avoid spaghetti though, I doubt that would cook right)...so it's different every time!

Even my little man Chester wanted some!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be afraid to say hello. Shorty loves to know you're out there