Mustard in a Muffin????

I am an avid reader of many food blogs, especially those involving baking since that is one of my dream jobs.  Anyway, I was perusing the Cupcake Project and I ran across this fascinating recipe.  The writer of this blog is so creative and this recipe is a fine example.  When Shorty heard the "secret ingredient" he was determined to make it.  He's a huge fan of odd ingredients.  So here you have it:

MOM Muffins (Maple Oatmeal Mustard)

Since we borrowed the recipe from another blogger you can find it here: 

Maple Oatmeal Mustard Muffins

Shorty did make an alteration in that he used regular, vanilla flavored yogurt instead of the Greek yogurt. It fit our finances better and we are all about doing things on the cheap.  :o)


Now I know the idea of mustard in a muffin is throwing some of you off, but they look delicious don't they?  Actually, I was a little leary of the mustard as well, but Shorty had faith.  I'm glad he did.  These are delicious!!!  They're like a hearty bran muffin with a wonderful maple glaze on top.  Mmmmm! 


The muffins have a rich, warm aftertaste that I can only attribute to the mustard.  They also have a unique texture due to the mustard seeds which reminded me oddly of nuts or poppy seeds in other muffins I've eaten.  We will definitely be making these again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be afraid to say hello. Shorty loves to know you're out there