Rediscover Leftover: Sweetened Ricotta Cheese


So I ended up with quite a bit of leftover sweetened ricotta after making my Tomato Ice Cream and, as Shorty and my waistline will attest, I hate to throw food away.  Now I won't lie, I was tempted to just squirt it straight from my make-shift pastry bag into my mouth, but I'm trying to be creative here.  You can not imagine the willpower it took though, that stuff is delicious!  I finally decided I'd just set it back in the fridge and figure it out later, but then Shorty pulled out some frozen blueberries to snack on and it hit me.  I tossed a cup of frozen blueberries into a bowl and then covered them in the ricotta.  Okay, just remembering how delicious it truly was is making my knees quiver.  Shorty mixed it up a bit and sprinkled cinnamon on top of his mixture.  This actually added just the right amount of warmth to the flavor.  Definitely give this one a try.

I would also like to mention that keeping fruit in your freezer is a good idea.  It keeps the fruit from going bad quickly and it ensures that you will always have some delicious fruit on hand for any strange culinary experiments you may come up with on a whim.  We use them for smoothies and often just as quick snacks.  Frozen blueberries have a creamy texture and wonderful flavor when eaten straight from the freezer.  Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be afraid to say hello. Shorty loves to know you're out there